What's the Best 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trim Level for Me?
Posted on March 9, 2020
There are few other mid-size SUVs as powerful or versatile as the 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee. At Caledon Chrysler, we take great pride in matching drivers in the Toronto area with the perfect vehicle for their needs and lifestyle. That's why we thought we'd take some time to try and help you discover the perfect 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee trim level for you and your family. While this dynamic SUV comes in seven unique trim levels, the sales experts at Caledon Chrysler decided to focus on three of the most popular trims that each represents a different price point.
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
Despite being the entry-level trim, the 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo brings a lot to the table. This award-winning SUV comes standard with a 3.6-litre Pentastar VVT V6 engine with ESS that delivers 295 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque that allows for up to an impressive towing capacity of 2,812 kg. Unlike many SUVs in the category, the 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo has an eight-speed TorqueFlite automatic transmission gives you fuel economy as good as 9.6L/100 KM highway and 12.7L/100 km city.* Some of the other standard features include:
- Quadra-Trac I 4x4 system
- Premium cloth seating
- Power 12-way driver's seat including 4-way lumbar adjust
- 60/40 split-folding rear seat
- Seven-inch full-colour customizable in-cluster display centre
- Uconnect 5.0 multimedia centre with 5-inch touchscreen
- SiriusXM satellite radio including one-year subscription
- Hands-free communication with Bluetooth streaming audio
- Park-Sense® Rear Park Assist and Parkview Back-up Camera with dynamic gridlines
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
As you step up in trims, you arrive at the 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. This perfectly styled SUV is available in seven bold exterior colours and comes with 18-inch polished aluminum wheels. If you want to power through the day, an available 5.7-litre HEMI VVT V8 FuelSaver MDS engine produces 360 horsepower and 390 lb.-ft. of torque and a Best-in-Class towing max of 3,265 kg. Other optional and standard features include:
- Alpine premium audio system with 9 speakers, subwoofer, and 506-watt amplifier
- Quadra-Drive II 4x4 system
- Quadra-Lift Air Suspension System
- Selec-Speed Control
- Uconnect 8.4 (NAV-ready)
- Nappa leather-faced seats with perforated suede inserts and Ruby Red accent stitching
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
At the top of the Jeep Grand Cherokee trim levels, you will find the 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT. This exclusive SUV comes standard with a powerful 6.4-litre SRT HEMI V8 engine with FuelSaver MDS that kicks out an impressive 475 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque. This amazing engine allows the 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT to go from 0 to 100 km/h in under five seconds and conquers the quarter-mile in the mid 13-second range. As you would expect from a top-of-the-line vehicle, there are some extra special standard features such as:
- 20-inch full polished wheels with Satin Clear Coat
- Bi-xenon HID automatic headlamps with auto-levelling and high-beam control
- Nappa leather-faced seats with perforated suede inserts
- Heated 2nd-row seats
- Uconnect 8.4 NAV multimedia centre with navigation and SRT Performance Pages
- Brembo high-performance brakes with four-piston rear and six-piston front calipers
No matter which 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee trim level you choose, the entire Caledon Chrysler team believe you'll be completely satisfied. To get behind the wheel of the most awarded SUV ever, contact the sales experts at Caledon Chrysler to schedule a test-drive today.
*All vehicle mileage based on 2017 EPA mileage estimates. Use for comparison purposes only. Do not compare to models before 2008. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.