What's the Best 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trim Level for Me?
Posted on March 9, 2020
If you're looking for a vehicle that can dominate both on and off-road, we couldn't think of a better choice than the 2017 Jeep Cherokee. In many ways, we could leave it at that, but it turns out that the 2017 Jeep Cherokee isn't just one car, it is actually eight. That's right, there are eight trim levels so there is a good chance there is a Jeep Cherokee that fits your exact needs. Let's take a closer look at three of the more popular trims and what they have to offer.
Before we jump into the trims, we wanted to talk about some of the basics. Most trims come standard with a 2.4-liter Tigershark MultiAir I-4 engine with 184 horsepower at 6,400 rpm and 171 lb-ft of torque at 4,600 rpm. When you pair it with a segment-first nine-speed automatic transmission you can get fuel economy as good as 7.8 L/100 km highway and 11.0 L/100 km city.
2017 Jeep Cherokee Sport
As the entry point to the Jeep Cherokee line, the 2017 Jeep Cherokee Sport is quite impressive. Available in both 4x4, FWD, and six exterior colours, this SUV includes a number of standard features including:
- Bifunctional halogen projector headlamps with Black bezels and time-off delay
- Wheels and Tires: 17-inch steel wheels, 225/60R17 BSW all-season tires
- Selec-Terrain Traction Management System
- 3.5-inch multiview Electronic Vehicle Information Centre
- Air conditioning with rear HVAC outlets and air filtering
- Jeep Cargo Management System
- Media Centre: 6-speakers, Uconnect® 5.0 with 5-inch touchscreen, integrated voice command and hands-free communication with Bluetooth® streaming audio
- Cloth seating and Rear 60/40 split-folding
- 10 air bags including driver and front-passenger knee blockers
- 4-wheel antilock disc brakes
- Brake stability control and Trailer Sway Control (TSC)
- Enhanced Accident Response System (EARS)
- Sentry Key antitheft engine immobilizer
Few crossovers with this many standard features are available at such an amazing price point, so it is worth a look.
2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
For a more robust ride, you will want to check out the 2017 Jeep Trailhawk. It has all the features of the Sport trim and a whole lot more. To improve your comfort and connectivity, this SUV has a seven-inch full-colour customizable in-cluster display centre, a Uconnect 8.4 multimedia centre with an 8.4-inch touchscreen and six speakers, and air conditioning with rear HVAC outlets with air filtering that can be controlled from the touchscreen. Other amazing features include:
- Off-road suspension and locking rear axle
- ParkView Rear Back-Up Camera
- Automatic bi-xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps
- Selec-Speed Control with Hill Ascent and Hill Descent Control
- Accent-colour grille surrounds, roof rails, exterior mirrors and badging
2017 Jeep Cherokee Overland
At the pinnacle of the Jeep Cherokee trim levels, you find the 2017 Jeep Cherokee Overland. This luxurious, but reasonably priced, SUV is packed with some of the most advanced automotive technology. Some of the amazing standard features include:
- 12-way power driver and passengers seats
- Alpine premium sound system with nine amplified speakers and subwoofer
- Blind-Spot monitoring with rear cross-path detection
- Heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel with Zebrano high-gloss wood trim and mounted audio and cruise controls
- Premium Berber floor mats
- Premium leather-faced heated and ventilated front seats
Like all most of the trim levels, you can even take the Jeep Cherokee Overland to new heights if you add the available 3.2-liter Pentastar VVT V6 with 271 horsepower and 239 lb.-ft. of torque that also enjoy give you Best-in-Class towing capacity of up to 2,041 kg.
If you're thinking about picking up a 2017 Jeep Cherokee, but still can't decide between trim levels, please feel free to drop us a line or visit Caledon Chrysler in Bolton, ON today.